We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: External speaker for R75  (Read 2116 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
External speaker for R75
« on: July 17, 2014, 0149 UTC »
I've had my R75 for a while now (18 months I think) but I often don't use it because its tiny little speaker sucks & I don't always want to put on headphones because I can't hear whats going on around me when I have them on (I take care of my dad & need to be able to hear him). I bought an Icom sp-33 external speaker for the rig & now I use it constantly. It really has revitalized my dx'ing. The funny thing is that I've had the damn thing for more than a year but had somehow overlooked it. I bought a bunch of radio gear all at once when I had a bunch of money & just sort of forgot about it. I wonder what else I have that I forgot about?
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline IQ_imbalance

• Central MD
    • View Profile
Re: External speaker for R75
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 1634 UTC »
I know the feeling.  Was considering putting my pcr1000 up for sale because I hadn't used it in forever, but when I hooked it up to make sure it still worked I was very happy to discover not only did it still work but was much more fun to play with than the 7600gr.
LOG/NE-SW unterminated BOG/DJ-130/800Mhz Yagi
AFEDRI SDR-Net ICF-SC1 SDS-200 various RTL-SDR
Central MD

Offline myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: External speaker for R75
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 0138 UTC »
Here is a nice portable speaker that can be used for DX-peditions.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 0140 UTC by myteaquinn »
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com