We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WWTF: The Timeless and Standardless Standard Time Station, 24 Aug 14, 20:00z  (Read 941 times)

Offline RadioDiscountCabbage

• Rome, GA
    • View Profile
    • Email
On 24 August, at 20:00 z, a new utility broadcast entered the airwaves. WWTF: The New Time Signal & Standard Frequency Station, minus the time….and the standards.

Brought to you courtesy of Little Feat Radio! Hosted by myself, RadioDiscountCabbage.

The debut went so much better than I hoped and from what I am told the reception (both kinds) was great from everything I have heard so far. I used a remote SDR from the Netherlands to listen in with the signal peaking at s9 and the noise gradually receding by 0418 z. The broadcast was over at 20:26z.

Hope anyone who heard enjoyed. Thanks again to Little Feat Radio for "beaming me up, scotty!" We have designed special QSLs for the program. He knows how to go about getting those and will handle that at this point.

Playlist:

Opening bumper music-

Song of the Whale Part 1  (Tangerine Dream)

Songs:

He’s So Shy (Pointer Sisters)

Invisible Touch (Genesis)

Everybody (Black Box)

She’s Fresh (Kool & the Gang)

If I can’t have you (Yvonne Elliman)

Don’t you forget about me (Simple Minds)

Rosanna (Toto)

What time did I play each song?

That is a good damn question. Hell if I know. RDC has no idea where he is half of the time. ☺

Remember kids: Eat your cereal with a fork. Do your homework in the dark.

And Blame your missed dinner dates on WWV.

Gear: Icom R75, Tecsun PL-880. Antennas: Apex 700 DTA vertical active and homebrew random wire.

EQSL to: swldx8@gmail.com