We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Knobs......  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Knobs......
« on: July 24, 2014, 1636 UTC »
Al, I was on Ebay last night, taking a peak through used HF equipment. I ran across a seller offering box lots of Collins knobs. They would be the perfect finishing touch to your Awesome-O 3000 SDR.

You can thank me later.

Offline Antennae

• CA, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Knobs......
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 1652 UTC »
Here's an idea I had that I think you'll like. 
Its buttons and knobs for your SDR.
So its a box with a generic receiver face with physical knobs, dials, readouts and buttons. It hooks up to your computer/SDR setup.  Then you assign your knobs to the different functions of the software. So the big tuning knob would do the tuning, the filter button would toggle the filter, etc...  And then you can hopefully have buttons assigned to everything so there is no need for the unholy computer mouse.  Therefore you have a PSDRI (physical software defined radio interface). 

California Coast
Antenna: random wire

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 1802 UTC »
You can actually do this with SdrDx to some extent. It allows you to use MIDI devices, so you can assign sliders, buttons, knobs, etc to all the on-screen controls.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Antennae

• CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 0437 UTC »
Whoa, coooool.  So the right audio mixer would work pretty good for that!
California Coast
Antenna: random wire

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns