We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: You Were On My Mind  (Read 2609 times)

Fansome

You Were On My Mind
« on: September 09, 2014, 0948 UTC »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhABin6s78M

Who played the chiming guitar in this? I've watched it over and over, and I can't tell. The best I can say it's one of the two guys in the back. I suppose that the video really uses a dubbed in track, in which case I will never know. The last few seconds of this are just great.

And, please tell Beverly that I remain devoted to her. It's just that Belinda takes up most of my time these days.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: You Were On My Mind
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 0106 UTC »
Wow, haven't heard that song in ages....I think I was 10 years old at the time. Are you referring to the girl in the group, Beverly Bivens? I know they made a lot of money off this song, which was originally recorded by Ian & Sylvia. Just around this time, I was getting some vague stirrings while watching "I Dream of Jeannie"...there was something about Barbara Eden that was making me feel a little uneasy ;D
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 0514 UTC »
Ah crap, Skip, don't encourage him. You'll set off his Venus of Willendorf obsession again.

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 2122 UTC »
Back left on the Rickenbacker though it was dubbed for sure.  This was damn scary.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 0109 UTC »
Honestly Al, I would never suspect you of exhibiting such prurient interest in paleolithic Hallmark ornaments. On the other side of the story, I found the following that might confirm moof's observation. This from the We Five official website...also see attachment....

Bob Jones joined the pre WE FIVE Ridgerunners shortly after meeting Mike and Jerry at the University of San Francisco in 1963. His electric 6 and 12 string guitar work is one of the signature sounds of the "You Were On My Mind" and "Make Someone Happy" albums. In addition, Bob recorded five albums with Michael Bloomfield on which he played drums, guitar and sang. They also toured the United States and Canada for ten years including playing the Newport Jazz Festival.
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 1850 UTC »
Chimes guitar player... that's the sound of the Ricky guitar...  Rickenbacker...  Like the one Roger M played in the Byrds (and still does).

Remember this group quite well, A&M Records and their manager was Frank Werber of the Trident music group...

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns