We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: FCC Nightmare  (Read 3999 times)

Offline PRBRELAYS

• View Profile
    • Email
FCC Nightmare
« on: September 17, 2014, 2028 UTC »
Last night I had my first dream/nightmare about the FCC. I awoke [in my dream]to hear all this commotion in my backyard. Looked out my window and saw three FCC agents
on ladders cutting my antennas and lead ins into pieces.  When I asked about a search warrant they just grinned and kept cutting away... :)

Offline OMCS

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FCC Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 2203 UTC »
 :D You sure you weren't abducted?

Offline PRBRELAYS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 2354 UTC »
:D You sure you weren't abducted?

Ahh, that would explain the scratches on my kneecaps....

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 0021 UTC »
Hmmm...a trip to the local ASPCA would probably yield at least a half dozen abandoned pitbulls who would love to patrol your backyard and be your life long friend and protector for a plate of Alpo, water, and an affectionate  pat on the head... ;)
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 0321 UTC »
Guys climbing on the roof and destroying your property? And no warrant? Where I live you're free to shoot people who do stuff like that. You call 911 after you bag them. The cops will arrest them for destruction of property, home invasion, and felonious trespassing.

I think a used, pawnshop twenty gauge pump loaded with number four or six shot is the way to go. Shot that light doesn't really have the punch to dispatch them , but it will knock them off of roofs and ladders.

The resulting fall might kill 'em, but they shouldn't have been screwing around up there in the first place.

If you do remote tx's, a shotgun is your friend. It will feed you and keep you safe from two and four legged predators.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 1825 UTC »
Makes me think of the signs my neighbor (G-d rest his soul) had around his property...

"Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be re-shot"

He and I never fooled around, we always used 12ga one ounce hollow point slugs...  Those make a great 'impression'  ::)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline thechoat

• Oklahoma
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 0007 UTC »
12ga 3" 000 buck for me thanks
Oklahoma
qsl to streetracerlx at gmail.com
Afedri SDR or Icom 746, home made OCF dipole

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 1139 UTC »
12ga 3" 000 buck for me thanks

That's my standard load and gauge for home defense. Indoors, it's a simple point and shoot. There's no way to miss with that load in the 5-7 yard distances you find in most houses and it won't pierce multiple walls.

Outdoors you can load up with a combination of buck and slugs.

I've been interested in loading my own "buck and ball" type shells for the past couple of years. It was a common combat load in smooth bore long guns from the late 1600's through most of the American Civil War. It was real maiming and man killing combo in the days before antibiotics.

It still amazes me the generals of that time were able to get their troops to line up in open ranks, three to five rows deep opposite of each other, and commence firing with 50-60 yards between them. The powder of those times wasn't that great, and you couldn't see crap after the first couple of rows let loose, but Hell's Bell's, that's a lot of lead going down range from a weapon with a medium choke at best.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 0125 UTC »
The names have been changed to protect the guilty....

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 0305 UTC by John Poet »

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline ladderline

• Group W Bench
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 1223 UTC »
With a Soviet mole at the helm in White House I would not be surprised if there would be indiscriminate cutting of wires. ;D Man, they saw 9/11 approaching but chose not to do anything about it. Saw George Tenet rattled and sweating at UN? Be afraid. Be very very much afraid. ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 1230 UTC by ladderline »