We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: belated but excellent beaconeering logs, 09/14  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
belated but excellent beaconeering logs, 09/14
« on: September 20, 2014, 0545 UTC »
I've only gotten around to posting these now, but believe me, I'm QSLing them!  I went DXing on Sunday, didn't get a whole lot on many of the shortwave bands, tried 10 meters on a whim and... holy cow!  I was hoping for anything, maybe Canadians, but what I got... well.  :) 

28203, PY2WFG - Ipiranga, Sao Paolo, Brazil beacon, 2118-2128.  VVV de PY2WFG BCN, then grid square information - GG77FF.  Long dash between transmissions, then repeat.  Signal fair at best, contending with fading.  SINPO 32233, RST 339. 

28190, PU2NJO - Embarre Santos, Sao Paolo, Brazil beacon, 2129-2136.  Transmission ran CQ CQ CQ test beacon PW2NJO QRZ, repeated.  Signal heard roughly once every minute, with a long pause in between.  Signal fair to good, SINPO 43344, RST 439. 

That was, to put it the way a friend did when I shared the logs with her, a heck of an opening!  I checked again later, and nothing.  I'm still blown away by these.  The first of the two catches took a long time to pull out of the static, but was it ever worth it!  The second just sort of sprang up on me! :D 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.