We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Best ext antenna for a Tecsun PL-660  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Krogbola

• View Profile
    • Email
Best ext antenna for a Tecsun PL-660
« on: January 03, 2015, 0358 UTC »
I live in a apartment complex so I always got lots of interference and I can't pick up much I live on the top floor and I have a balcony with a sliding door so what can I do to pick up other stations from far away?

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: Best ext antenna for a Tecsun PL-660
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 2358 UTC »
Some questions that might help narrow down to a solution: what kind of area do you live in? Relatively rural, suburban, urban? What do you want to hear? Loop antennas are often great solutions for radios and situations such as yours. There are all sorts of limited space antennas on the market and, aside from building one yourself to known good plans, you often get what you pay for. There are very small loops that cost a lot of money that perform really amazingly and then there's a lot of junk.

# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline Krogbola

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Best ext antenna for a Tecsun PL-660
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 0538 UTC »
I live in like a big town mostly quiet nothing big ever goes on but I do have a other apartment complex like mini town like feet away from my apartment so I assume I will pick up stuff from there also. I wanna pick up anything I can pick up from all over the world I love the number stations and I find the buzzer very interesting and I would love to hear the Communist stations like China and VOV and VOK maybe some air bands every now and then.