We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: First YHWH and now this? Who's next?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
First YHWH and now this? Who's next?
« on: March 09, 2015, 2157 UTC »
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
ENFORCEMENT BUREAU
NORTHEAST REGION
New York Office
201 Varick Street, Suite 1151
New York, New York 10014

March 3, 2015
Township of Roxbury
1715 Route 46
Ledgewood, NJ 07852
NOTICE OF UNLICENSED OPERATION
Case Number:  EB-FIELDNER-15-00018527
Document Number:  W201532380028
The New York Office, received a complaint of radio frequency interference to the Township of
Hanover, NJ on their licensed frequency 45.24 MHz (call sign: KDE641).  On February 17,
2015, an agent from this office confirmed by direction finding techniques that radio signals on
frequency 45.24 MHz were emanating from the water tower located at Mooney Rd. Ledgewood,
NJ 07852 (Lat/Long: 40-52-50.4N/074-41-12.6W), an old transmitter was connected and
emitting a constant carrier on 45.24 MHz. The Commission’s records show a license previously
authorized to the Township of Roxbury, NJ for operation of a public safety pool, conventional
radio station (call sign: KFR549) on 45.24 MHz at Mooney Rd. Ledgewood, NJ 07852
(Lat/Long: 40-52-50.4N/074-41-12.6W) which has expired on October 26, 2003. 
Radio stations must be licensed by the FCC pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 301.  You are hereby warned
that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a valid radio station authorization
constitutes a violation of the Federal laws cited above and could subject the operator of this
illegal operation to severe penalties, including, but not limited to, substantial monetary
forfeitures, in rem arrest action against the offending radio equipment, and criminal sanctions
including imprisonment.  (See 47 U.S.C. §§ 401, 501, 503 and 510.)
UNLICENSED OPERATION OF THIS RADIO STATION MUST BE DISCONTINUED
IMMEDIATELY.
You have ten (10) days from the date of this notice to respond with any evidence that you have
authority to operate granted by the FCC.  Your response should be sent to the address in the
letterhead and reference the listed case and document number.  Under the Privacy Act of 1974, 5
U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3), we are informing you that the Commission’s staff will use all relevant
material information before it to determine what, if any, enforcement action is required to ensure
your compliance with FCC Rules.  This will include any information that you disclose in your
reply.
You may contact this office if you have any questions.
Stephen Maguire
District Director
New York Office
Attachments:
Excerpts from the Communications Act of 1934, As Amended
Enforcement Bureau, "Inspection Fact Sheet", March 2005
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: First YHWH and now this? Who's next?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 0647 UTC »
But what the hell is it?

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 0807 UTC »
Licensee Name:   ROXBURY, TOWNSHIP OF
License:    KFR549
FRN:   0009498155
County:    MORRIS 
State:    NJ
Radio Service:    PW: Public Safety Pool, Conventional
Notes:    PROVIDES FIREFIGHTING SERVICE WITHIN THE COMMUNITY RADIOS WILL BE USED FOR OFFICIAL ACTIVITIES OF THAT ORGANIZATION
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 2144 UTC »
My humble apologies to anyone who was unnerved by my title to this innocent posting. When I first read the FCC posting of this, the first thing that came to mind was Don Quixote tilting at the windmill. I found it amusing that a possibly defunct fire fighting safety broadcast from a transmitter on a water tower could go undetected for nearly 12 years and then cause such consternation in the rank and file of the FCC. Reading the text of the message left me with a mental picture of 2 agents closing in on their prey with direction finding equipment, only to find an innocuous old water tower apparently still emitting an illegal carrier. Please, no more angry emails. The title was the first thing that came to mind, and rather than being clever, upset 2 individuals. I didn't mean to tap into the collective paranoia shared by the pirate radio community, and I didn't mean to disrepect our beloved YHWH ex-operator. I will refrain from any more postings of this kind in the future.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 2147 UTC by Skipmuck »

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 2259 UTC »
Ignore the angry emails. I understand Fansome hasn't been getting enough fiber in his diet. The emails should stop when the Milk of Magnesia kicks in.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 2101 UTC »
My humble apologies to anyone who was unnerved by my title to this innocent posting. When I first read the FCC posting of this, the first thing that came to mind was Don Quixote tilting at the windmill. I found it amusing that a possibly defunct fire fighting safety broadcast from a transmitter on a water tower could go undetected for nearly 12 years and then cause such consternation in the rank and file of the FCC. Reading the text of the message left me with a mental picture of 2 agents closing in on their prey with direction finding equipment, only to find an innocuous old water tower apparently still emitting an illegal carrier. Please, no more angry emails. The title was the first thing that came to mind, and rather than being clever, upset 2 individuals. I didn't mean to tap into the collective paranoia shared by the pirate radio community, and I didn't mean to disrepect our beloved YHWH ex-operator. I will refrain from any more postings of this kind in the future.

Well, my second thought was "how long has that thing been running?"

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums