We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 23 Incredible Photos of the Northern Lights From Tuesday's Solar Storm  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Despite several trips out to the backyard last night from 0030-0330 UTC and a frigid 0730 UTC early morning trip to the back deck in my bathrobe, I was not rewarded with a light show :( Fortunately, I was an obsessed shortwave enthusiast when the massive March 1989 flare resulted in about an hour or so of green and red colors across the sky and large shifting formations of shifting light patterns here in Springfield, Massachusetts. Of course, shortwave reception was abysmal that evening, but I made it a point to call up half a dozen family and friends to alert them to this wondrous display. But it would be nice to see another auroral display in my lifetime!
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's