We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WBCQ makes it Down Under  (Read 1453 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
WBCQ makes it Down Under
« on: April 02, 2015, 2140 UTC »
7490   USA. WBCQ - Monticello ME. At 2120 with a long discourse of the medical problems between two men on a talkback program (the announcer was Allan Weiner….I think!) - grossly over-detailed and totally unnecessary - but very funny entertainment. Then they ambled over to world politics and conquered all those problems in about 10 min, too! A high level of opinionated BS was noted in the discussion…... I don't hear this station very often here….possibly a good thing, too!! If I started listening to too much of this stuff, I possibly end up believing some of this crap!! Fair signal in LSB to avoid R. Algerienne via Issoudun on 7495, Apr 2.

Happy Easter everyone!!  Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
Re: WBCQ makes it Down Under
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 2219 UTC »
Haha, that's quite funny! As a matter of fact I was listening to that very same broadcast on my Tecsun PL-660 receiver, in Southern New York. 7490 was making it in quite strong, I'd guess around S9 +40 or so, and I will admit, that broadcast, while very entertaining, was quite opinionated! I as well had to listen in LSB to avoid R. Algerienne. WBCQ always has some entertaining material though, that's for sure.

Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
Re: WBCQ makes it Down Under
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 0115 UTC »
This Allan Weiner guy is certainly a bit of a character! Would probably fit in quite well if he ever visited Australia!  ;)
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU