We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Is Kim Jong-Un a Radio 1 fan?  (Read 4379 times)

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is Kim Jong-Un a Radio 1 fan?
« on: September 23, 2015, 1627 UTC »
Is Kim Jong-Un a Radio 1 fan? BBC reveals ONE North Korean loves listening in:

NORTH Korea dictator Kim Jong-Un could be a BBC Radio 1 fan after statistics revealed one person in the country has been repeatedly viewing the station's YouTube channel.

Favourite artists of the solitary fan - who is watching the channel with increasing regularity - include pop sensation Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran, according to chiefs.
They also reportedly love watching presenter Nick Grimshaw interviewing Harry Potter star Emma Watson.
Sources are convinced that the lone viewer is the tubby tyrant himself – because North Koreans are banned from receiving foreign media by the barmy dictator.

One source said: "The viewer can only be dictator Kim Jong-un."

The loony leader is known to be an avid fan of Western pop culture and has a particular love for Jackie Chan films.
Kim has previously been caught with a smartphone, prompting speculation he was using a product made by arch nemesis South Korea.
The phone was spotted in a photo of the dictator while he was chairing a meeting - prompting South Korea to draft in experts to figure out whether he was using a Samsung.

A Seoul government official said at the time: "Kim and his family members as well as the North's political elite appear to use smartphones or other mobile phones capable of accessing the internet."

The North Korean leader also banned Instagram throughout the country this year - with warning messages appearing on accounts.
The messages reportedly claimed the hugely successful photo-sharing service is set to be blacklisted for harmful content.
Opening Instagram on a mobile device using North Korean carrier Koryolink resulted in the notification: "Warning!

"You can't connect to this website because it's in blacklist site."

Source:http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/606086/Kim-Jong-Un-North-Korea-Radio-1-Taylor-Swift-Ed-Sheeran-YouTube-Nick-Grimshaw-Emma-Watson
RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: Is Kim Jong-Un a Radio 1 fan?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 1824 UTC »
NORTH Korea dictator Kim Jong-Un could be a BBC Radio 1 fan after statistics revealed one person in the country has been repeatedly viewing the station's YouTube channel.

Could be.  We all know how much he likes to watch things...  :)

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.com/
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 2122 UTC »
Great Leader only listens to WRAF, Radio Al Fansome.

His sister Joyce used to date Al. Great Leader likes to keep tabs on the guys who have dated his sisters.The Kim girls have problems with stalkers and fortune hunters.

My guess is Great Leader's wife bit on a PBS fundraiser and gets the BBC World Service as part of the package.

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 0011 UTC »
His sister Joyce used to date Al.

I hope Joyce has a better barber than her brother has
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 0527 UTC »
Fearless, the K-Dawg Fade is the rage in DPRK. It's the "must have" haircut in more ways than one.

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 1338 UTC »
Fearless, the K-Dawg Fade is the rage in DPRK. It's the "must have" haircut in more ways than one.

Does Great Leader personally process all curly-haired Koreans in the People's Garment Steam Press to achieve that flat, lusterless cereal bowl look - or does he just watch?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 0220 UTC »
He gives them Kinky Kim's Pomade, his fathers favorite hair product. Kim Il Jung had it developed to sport that ducktail he loved.

The Kim's are particular bunch when it come to their hair.

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 2326 UTC »
Geez Pigmeat!  Every time I try to read your post I get to "Kinky Kim's Pomade" and I flash on Kardashian - Yuk!  Too much weed and Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor over the decades I guess... 

BTW - I was wondering - all the Kims seem to have THREE names.  So I'm just guessing here - Kim Joyce-Tik?  Kim Ree-Joyce?  Kim Joyce-tudawurld?  Now that Al dumped her is she sparkin' Dennis Rodman? 

Please excuse my candor but its been a mighty long dry spell.  I got into pirate radio years ago for all the groupies... silly me...

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 1237 UTC »
I don't know if  Kim Jong-Un is a fan of Radio 1,
but I believe that the FCC commissioners are
fans of  Kim Jong-Un.

John Poet