We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Interview with Jinx Dawson of Coven  (Read 1361 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
Interview with Jinx Dawson of Coven
« on: October 14, 2015, 1742 UTC »
Some highlights.

Coven has still legions of loyal fans, but I would say you were one of the most underrated bands on earth. How do you think: your image was too aggressive, or simply - it wasn't right time for you?

Too subversive and real would be the words... Other bands that followed Coven into the1970's were toned down in content, image and live show... Members of Black Sabbath would not dare wear an inverted cross, nor would they record a Black Mass... Alice Cooper, Kiss etc. were more like Halloween “dress up” bands that did not reflect any real occult life style nor esoteric information on their recordings... I affectionately call them Coven “Lites”... Some think their music loud, heavy and scary, but what did they really reveal? To me Occult Musick should be eerie and darkly enlightening... Our moniker “Coven” was even so obscure of a word when we started that we had to put the definition inside the album and on the Black Mass poster… Coven crafted a scholarly representation via music of medieval sorcery and diabolism...

Read the rest here- http://swordsandtequila.blogspot.com/2015/10/coven-interview-with-jinx-dawson.html

Hath anyone heard of Coven by the wat?
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Jinx Dawson of Coven
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 1812 UTC »
Yup. I knew a chick who thought she was a witch who loved them, circa '71. Coven was a tempest in a teapot in their time. The really cool kids fighting over spooky stuff were Robert Plant and Mick Jagger trying to be on stage Satan.

Jagger won in a knockout at Altamont, an event that then proto-dark metal band, The Blue Oyster Cult, did a great send up of in their song, "Tranmaniacon M.C." in '71.

An old friend once referred to to Coven and Black Sabbath as "The sounds of PCP."

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns