We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Groundhog Day logs  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Groundhog Day logs
« on: February 03, 2010, 0819 UTC »
Not a bad haul considering spotty midday and late afternoon no-sunspot propagation and my indoor antenna.

Punxsutawney Pothead Radio 6925 USB
Had to cheat on the ID for this one, double checking against Ragnar's Gulch webstream.  Heard positive ID via stream, not on my own receiver, but the programming I heard corresponded with this station. During brief fade ups between 2130-2153z, heard some old acoustic blues, Beatles "Day Tripper", suddenly off 2153z after song I didn't recognize.

Radio Ga-Ga
2/2/10
6925 USB
2310-2320z: "Groundhog Carols" SSTV, "Pennsylvania Polka", closing SSTV w/ a heavily armed groundhog.
SINPO - 24332, just barely above the mud

Wolverine Radio
2/3/10
6925 USB
0040-0051z: Groundhog theme country songs, didn't recognize any of 'em. Wolverine Radio ID at 0050z, followed by SSTV of that heavily armed groundhog again. Seems ominous, rodents with fully automatic weapons.  Also just barely above the mud.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)