We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6975 KHZ wideband noise messing up my listening  (Read 4186 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
6975 KHZ wideband noise messing up my listening
« on: January 03, 2016, 1604 UTC »
I'm only posting this because it is making my pirate listening miserable...  Most likely a local thing but...  Here's the link to the sound file;

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/hS4Z17Bq/file.html

It seems to center on 6975 khz but it shows up on most of the active pirate band.  Time for 'recon'?  The recording was done in USB ...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 1606 UTC by ka1iic »
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6975 KHZ wideband noise messing up my listening
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 2341 UTC »
do you have a baseband/RF/I/Q file you can send me ?

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 0318 UTC »
Wish I did...  I plan to get one once I am at my new QTH but not here... shipping what I've got is going to cost me as it is... computers radios parts collection test equipment... you know the gig...  sri...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 0326 UTC »
Wish I did...  I plan to get one once I am at my new QTH but not here... shipping what I've got is going to cost me as it is... computers radios parts collection test equipment... you know the gig...  sri...
wish you a safe and easy move, good luck :)

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns