We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Spy Station on 9.330 AM  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Dxer92

• View Profile
Spy Station on 9.330 AM
« on: December 04, 2015, 0746 UTC »
Just scanning the bands and i hear a odd humming noise with a very strong signal and then numbers are being said in Spanish, Sinco, Ceis, Quatro, Ceis... Then a creepy humming bell kinda noise goes through. I have no clue where this is coming from and this is my first received Spy Station.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Spy Station on 9.330 AM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 1324 UTC »
What you heard was Cuban source hybrid mode numbers station HM01.  This station shares either transmitter facilities, audio facilities, or both, with Cuba's Radio Habana.  It has a regular schedule on this frequency and time.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Dxer92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 2216 UTC »
Awww ok so that's what i heard, I was wondering what this was thanks.

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 2212 UTC »
I have heard this one here in Australia and with a very strong signal report too, around seven to nine, has been identified as "HM01" by others on HFU, it also pops up on other spots from 9.330MHz down to 9.055MHz AM also... ;)
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns