We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: some QSLing assistance needed  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
some QSLing assistance needed
« on: March 10, 2016, 0110 UTC »
Okay, I'll make a long story as short as I can, here.  I snagged a broadcast from HCJB Voice of the Andes (Quechua service into Waodani service, for the curious, 6050kHz) a day or two ago, and I've been searching for a postal address for the station since!  I cannot for the life of me find where in the world, or more accurately where in Ecuador, to send them an actual paper reception report.  What can I say?  I'm an old-fashioned paper QSL kinda YL.  The HCJB/Reach Beyond website isn't much help, to be frank.  Any relevant posts I've found elsewhere are either old, connected to HCJB via another country, or both.  Mostly both. 

So anyway.  Does anyone have current postal address info for the actual Voice of the Andes outlet of HCJB/Reach Beyond/whichever? 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: some QSLing assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 0114 UTC »
Don't know if this is accurate, but at the very bottom of the page is a postal address...Good luck!
http://radiohcjb.org/
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Online myteaquinn

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 0243 UTC »
In the WRTVH 2016 it looks like:

Jacinto de la Cuava
Oe4-33, y  Av. Brasil
Quito, Ecuador

Perhaps that will work.
Northeast Ohio
Now using Shazam for song identification
myteaquinn@yahoo.com

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 0349 UTC »
Thanks, folks!  If the WRTH offering doesn't work, I'll try the other. :) 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.