We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6090kHz What the heck is up w/their audio???  (Read 1422 times)

Offline CaptnKliegle

• Seacoast of NH
  • Is this thing on?
    • View Profile
6090kHz What the heck is up w/their audio???
« on: March 20, 2016, 0040 UTC »
Stumbled across a strong signal on 6090kHz, can't seen to tune it in.
Web says it's 'Caribbean Beacon'.

Is it my rig or their bad TXR?

KA1GJU in NH
Seacoast of NH  RXR's =3 X SDR-iq's, 1 x SDRPlays, and 11 AirspyHF+'s . TXR's = 2 X TS-590S,  ANAN200D, 2 x IC-7300's, IC-7610, 2 X IC-7100. Antennas = Resonant wire dipoles, 120' end fed wires, or 2 X SteppIR 3 ele beam @ 70' fixed NE/SW directions. Also host Remotehams.com servers (RX/TX) as well as SDR Console servers V3.xx (RX Only) too!

Offline Pghw3on

• View Profile
Re: 6090kHz What the heck is up w/their audio???
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 1757 UTC »
Hmm. I also have been listening to the 'Caribbean Beacon' transmitting from Anguilla Island. Only on 11775 kHz. That transmitter is
also highly distorted. I also have tried sending email's to the 'Caribbean Beacon', and to Pastor Melissa Scott. So far, I have not
received a reply. Her web site says to call her and tell her that you are listening. Hmmmmmm.

Offline Pghw3on

• View Profile
Re: 6090kHz What the heck is up w/their audio???
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 0049 UTC »
Hmm. I have read reports here in early July 2017 on the' DXLD Yahoo Group', and actual on air signals, that the distorted audio problem has been fixed. One day this week, I heard the Caribbean Beacon on 11865 kHz. But that was only for a brief time in the early afternoon. I suppose what I could have been hearing was an off frequency spur of 11775 kHz. As I type this they are supposed to be on:
6090 kHz, but I do not hear them at 0045 UTC, today July 15, 2017. Maybe they have other problems.

Chuck W3ON