We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Wolverine Radio 6950u  (Read 1535 times)

Offline LanceLovejoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Wolverine Radio 6950u
« on: March 15, 2010, 0258 UTC »
Caught at 02:45z, WOlverine radio is rocking with the usual cool musical montage, signal S5, a little weaker than other recent broadcasts from Wolvie picked up here in Stl.
Icom R75-wellbrook 330s
St. Louis MO
lancelvj@gmail.com

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wolverine Radio channeling George Gimarc
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 0315 UTC »
3/15/10
6950 USB
0240-0300z: Wolverine Radio channeling George Gimarc* with '80s alt rock classics.  Peter Murphy "Cuts You Up", INXS "Suicide Blonde", Replacements "Merry Go Round", Psychedelic Furs "House", other great songs.
0309z: Wolverine Radio ID, Johnny Rotten/PiL "Don't Ask Me"
0312z: Soup Dragons "I'm Free"
0316z: Eric Johnson!  A classic from his "Tones" album.  I remember seeing Eric live in Dallas during the peak of his guitar god big hair phase.
0320z: Off w/ Wolverine ID, echo/repeat fx, no SSTV this time.

Great show!

SINPO - 45333, great signal and top notch audio as always.

*George Gimarc basically pioneered the alternative rock format later adopted as "The Edge" by KDGE in Dallas/Fort Worth, with his "Rock and Roll Alternative" show on KZEW, a weekly show promoting New Wave, alt rock and, generally, a refreshing break from endless Led Zep, Skynyrd and Pink Floyd that dominated the Texas FM rock scene in the 1970s-'80s.  Good guy, too, chatted with him occasionally on the phone and around town.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 0322 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline LanceLovejoy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wolverine Radio 6950u
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 0341 UTC »
That last Eric Johnson song was sweet, a great show indeed!
Icom R75-wellbrook 330s
St. Louis MO
lancelvj@gmail.com