We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WRMI move from 6915 to 6855 due to complaints from MARS  (Read 7109 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WRMI move from 6915 to 6855 due to complaints from MARS
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 2005 UTC »
Josh... I remember back in the day when I was operating Army MARS and one net we had was on 4030 khz or so and the evening net on that frequency got clobbered by a broadcast from Cuba.  We could complain about it but we knew nothing could be done because it was a Spanish Lady reading off 5 number groups ;-)  Oh the fun we had in the day... <heh>

I remember hearing the conflict as well, although from my point of view, it was the MARS net QRMing the Cuban spy station I was trying to listen to  ;D

Yep Chris... I hear you but it was the other side of the coin don't cha know <heh>  :D
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 0036 UTC »
Would they now please move from 6855 to someplace far away, due to complaints from pirate radio listeners.  Thank you.

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 0045 UTC »
Would they now, if not move someplace far away, then at least play music or language lessons or DX programs or... something that isn't Brother Missingteeth screaming away? 

How much money can that guy possibly have to throw away?  Jeez! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 0215 UTC »
Ralph has a multifaceted ministry. The flock in Walterboro lives communally providing the basic labor and income to run the operation. The listeners chip in by making Ralph's ministry sole beneficiary for their estates when they kick the bucket. Thus the Locomotive of The Lord is able chug on 24/7.

A ministry beats the Hell out of a plain ol' church. You can't make any real money on just tithes and bake sales

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 0935 UTC »
".... Thus the Locomotive of The Lord is able chug on 24/7."

A ministry beats the Hell out of a plain ol' church. You can't make any real money on just tithes and bake sales

You have such a way with words  ;D

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 1500 UTC »
the man is what, 83 years old, this isnt going to last forever.
i can ponder about what will happen to the commercial US SWBC's once he has passed on, since he is their major source of operational income.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 0048 UTC »
i can ponder about what will happen to the commercial US SWBC's once he has passed on, since he is their major source of operational income.

Very good point!!!  83 you say?  Looks like he will see the gates of hell before I... at least I hope anyway but if not I'll be waiting for him with a set of false teeth so I can at least understand what the devil he is talking about ::)

When he goes all of the commercial SW stations will have to pass the plate around to pay their electric bill...  everybody say Amen!!!!

::)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 1908 UTC »
".... Thus the Locomotive of The Lord is able chug on 24/7."

You have such a way with words  ;D

+-RH

It's a gift.

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 0217 UTC »

I thought about this the other day, I think some of the stations such as WWCR and WHRI will keep going on, since they have many other religious clients to keep their transmitters running. The hardest hit station will sadly be WRMI which has 11 or so transmitters dedicated to Brother Stair, so there'd be major cuts to that station, WWRB would also take a major hit. WBCQ would lose a bit of revenue as well, though similarly to WWCR and WHRI, they have many other clients as well.
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 0140 UTC »
The past few mornings and early afternoons the only stations I've heard on the 21 meter and 19 meter SW bands was 1) Brother Stair, and 2) RHC in Spanish or French and Brother Stair.

Nothing else.

So, yes, I'd think Brother Stair is one of the major forces in SW broadcasting, no matter what we may think of the content...
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).