We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Epitron 85M Multiple Output Shortwave Tweezers Permanent Hair Removal System  (Read 1501 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
While looking at the current SW radios on the market this little item showed up in my search;

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V511PO/ref=asc_df_B003V511PO4286522?smid=A20DGKG00T9OK2&tag=nextagmp-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B003V511PO&ascsubtag=-8790278785035556081

So if propagation continues like it has for the past few weeks... this might be a use for all those transmitters that are collecting dust.  Imagine a 4CX1000 rig being use for this application!

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
I posted this hoping someone might ask the question:

Is that the thing my neighbor is using that puts out that 40 over S9 signal on top of 6925?

I wonder if it's an 'honest to goodness' type 15 device...

More junk to clutter up the airwaves...  RF burns don't heal very well at all BTW... I couldn't find any info about the power output of it.

I bet the next item up for sale as a home product will be a home use diathermy machine. With a pair of push pull 810's as the oscillator.  More fun... most of those things operated on 11 meters or so but the new ones will be putting out a wide band white noise crap over the entire band.

Oh when will it end???  <sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Do they have an FCC license for that thing (Part 15 or not)?

PR85M Shortwave Intentional Radiator
Minneapolis, MN

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
Doesn't say but I am sure it doesn't... come on it's yippy yuppy duppy puppy 'consumer electronics' most likely from China.  I'd almost bet it's one of those 10 watt stereo personal transmitters that they sell in a different package... no extra charge for the spurs that might knock down airplanes.

Being one that has experienced an RF burn.... errrr... I'll pass on this thingie, besides I like hair here and there and everywhere... be it known I am a Hippie not a; yippy yuppy duppy puppy....

heh heh  ::)
73 Vince
KA1IIC