We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: NASA spots monster hole on the Sun  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: NASA spots monster hole on the Sun
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 2036 UTC »
Al and I were demonstrating the new rail gun we sold to the military. Some General said "I wonder what would happen if you shot it into the sun?" I said, "What are you, an overgrown eight year old? Nothing would happen, it's the Sun."

He then spouted off, "Oh yeah? I dare you to shoot it into the sun!" I told him to sit down and pipe down. Then he threw out a double dog dare and Al turned red. I said, "Scrambled eggs, you don't know who and what your playing with." Damned if he didn't throw out the dreaded triple dog dare.

Al went off. I can't repeat all of what Fansome said here due to the woman and children that read these forums, but it ended with "Cap'n Ron, aim the gun at the Sun and prepare to fire." The Al roared out "Fire!" The gun went off with such force it temporarily sank Wallops Island due to the recoil. We immediately got a report from NASA observers that the sun looked like a glazed donut.

Now, I don't want anyone to worry, the Sun is nothing but a ball of flaming gas. It will be fine in a few days. The real moral of this story is, never mess with the gang from FANCO.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 0048 UTC »
The cookie monster just told me he triple dirty dog dares Al to shoot it at the moon, so it will look like a chocolate chip cookie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9o-2pOpKqE
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 0118 UTC »
Mmmmmmmmm.... fiery donut.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 2211 UTC »
Quadruple dirty dog dare you!

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 0352 UTC »

the Sun is nothing but a ball of flaming gas.

But I thought that's how you described Al Fansome ?

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Fansome

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 0516 UTC »
You people need to learn to control your insane jealousy of me.

the Sun is nothing but a ball of flaming gas.

But I thought that's how you described Al Fansome ?

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 1552 UTC »
Black hole sun won't cha come and wash away...

never mind... <sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 2334 UTC »
Let's look at the facts;

1)  Science has shown that the stars in the sky are moving away from the earth. And at some time in the future there will be no stars to be seen.

2)  There is a 300 to 600 foot 'ball-o-crap' in orbit around the earth and it has been unseen by the afore mentioned scientist for about 100 years.  So much for those guys...  100 years and they never saw it???  Yeah right!

3) Now the Sun has a monster hole in it...!?!?

1a) Why are the stars moving away from us?  Mostly because we ruined the neighborhood I am sure.

2a)  Is that the same 'ball-o-crap' that killed off the dyno thingies a few million years ago... The scientist tell us to move along nothing to see here but Guess who the latest dynos are?

3a)  Hole in the Sun,  perhaps that yellow blob in the sky is having an energy crisis and is about to go Nova and I don't mean a guest shot on that old TV show.

Welcome to my world... heh heh heh heh

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline kcpr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 1532 UTC »
Black hole sun? I blame Soundgarden for summoning it! Or are they the true prophets?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 1625 UTC »
Interesting similarity between now and the late 1700s early 1800s solar cycle;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalton_Minimum

Now we just need another huge volcanic eruption or global thermonuclear war;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.