We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 10024 kHz @ 0727 UTC 18 July 2016  (Read 2659 times)

Offline CrackedLCD

• Baldwin County, Alabama
  • Not nearly as think as you confused I am.
    • View Profile
    • Alabama Broadcast Media Page
    • Email
UNID 10024 kHz @ 0727 UTC 18 July 2016
« on: July 18, 2016, 0859 UTC »
Video with a snippet of audio: https://youtu.be/e6rt81_-HKs

The only reference to this frequency seems to be for HF air comms in South America (North West and South West sectors). I don't think I was hearing air comes from there since I wasn't hearing any other South American broadcasts — not even RN Amazonia on 11780 this evening.  As is evident in the video, the half of the conversation I could hear was quite strong.

The audio is a bit too boomy and muffled for me to make out but I bet some of you can decipher what's being said.  I hear numbers and what sounds like "American" at one point but beyond that, I'm at a loss.
Baldwin County, Alabama
SDRplay RSP-1
W6LVP active loop
Please QSL to: sordidandsublime@gmail.com

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: UNID 10024 kHz @ 0727 UTC 18 July 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 0338 UTC »
This does sound like air comms to me.  Could you have been getting air traffic control somewhere? 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline CrackedLCD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 0438 UTC »
I sent the link to someone else who has better ears than me.  There was a reference to "squawk" and American, so it was definitely airline comms.  I just would have never expected to hear them so well on the South American frequencies.  The only frequencies I hear traffic on normally are New York and San Francisco.  I've heard what seemed to be Shanwick, Piarco and Santa Maria once or twice each.  But nothing else. 
Baldwin County, Alabama
SDRplay RSP-1
W6LVP active loop

Offline prldx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 1147 UTC »
Hi !

Itīs air traffic communication of "Cenamer Radio" Tegugicalpa. Difficult to understand but ID at 0:20 and 0:39 in video.

Patrick
Rx: AR7030 / Perseus
Ant: MK-1

"Radio was an exciting new invention that made it possible to hear other peopleīs voices in your living room without the use of thin walls or a devastating mental condition" (Cunk on Britain Ep 4)

Offline CrackedLCD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 2212 UTC »
Tegucigalpa!  OK.  That's really just across the Gulf of Mexico from me, ha ha.  I will definitely keep an eye on this frequency in the future to see if I can hear more here.
Baldwin County, Alabama
SDRplay RSP-1
W6LVP active loop

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns