We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: China’s new quantum satellite will try to teleport data outside the bounds of sp  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
I wonder if Tesla was on to this when he proposed an unbreakable secret communications means via his tmt.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Maybe they'll figure out cold fusion while their at it? Or find a way to communicate with Bigfoot? Looks and smells like a boondoggle to me. Let them break their economy even further with this one. Al and I may need to get in this one if their throwing money at nuts. Why not us?

Tesla was obsessed with bees. He often claimed humans were evolving towards the perfect society of the bee. Maybe he meant to combine the waggle dance with the Lindy Hop? Nick wasn't smoking reefer in Harlem in those days was he? It would explain a lot of his later behavior. ;)

Tesla kind of went reverse Howard Hughes late in life, opening the windows of his rooms to let pigeons in to do as they wanted. Hughes problems seemed to have been caused by head injuries in plane crashes. I've often wondered if Tesla's problems weren't caused by exposure to high levels of electromagnetic radiation in his experiments? Both he and Hughes went off the deep end at ages atypical for onset of major psychiatric disorders and pioneered developments in fields in their infancy when the dangers weren't well understood.

Now, how do I teleport a penguin to someone's house? UPS?

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
I remember when I was at University, the prof often said there was a fine line between genius and insanity.

Tesla may have very well fried his brain with all if the high voltage stuff he fooled around in.

I have a book written by him around here somewhere and it is about his experiments with HV and magnetic fields etc.  Got to read it to see what he was up to.
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
I figured it out...

Whatever China is building it will soon be on sale on E-Bay for ten dollars with free shipping.  Damn yet another RF producing pile-o-crap!
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!