We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Rock n Roll Music on Shorrwave Tonight Friday August 26!  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Paul B. Walker, Jr.

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rock n Roll Music on Shorrwave Tonight Friday August 26!
« on: August 26, 2016, 1633 UTC »
The next broadcast of The Classics Expirience with Paul Walker is going to be the biggest yet and IT HAPPENS TONIGHT!!

2 hours of rock n roll music with maybe a few country songs thrown in for good measure. The show is ALL about the music and providing something different on the shortwave bands, so all you'll get from the show is MUSIC. There will be NO rants, raves, personal opinions or political and religious rants. No commercials or sponsors either. I fund the broadcast out of my own pocket so I can pick whatever music I want and not have to answer to anyone but George D. Beagle!

Here's how the broadcast schedule looks

WRMI 7570kHz  Saturday August 27th 0400 to 0600UTC. Beaming at 315 degrees towards Vancouver. It should provide a good signal to the West Coast of the US and Canada and probably parts of the midwest and upper midwest along the way.

WRMI 11580kHz Friday August 26th 2100 UTC to 2300UTC., This signal target area is Eastern North America and Western Europe.

WINB 9265kHz Saturday August 27th 0330 to 0530UTC. This should provide good coverage into the Midwest, parts of southern Canada and into Mexico. It was also logged in parts of Europe as well. It was weakly heard in Australia and New Zeland during my last broadcast.

Channel 292 6070kHz Friday August 26th 2200 to 2400UTC. This should provide good coverage of central and parts of Western Europe.

There will be MFSK32 data and pictures during the broadcast.
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Program Director: KSKO 89.5 McGrath, Alaska www.kskopublicradio.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Available for voiceover work, use the email listed above!

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rock n Roll Music on Shorrwave Tonight Friday August 26!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 2217 UTC »

Hi Paul -

I am picking up 11580 right now on August 26 at 2215z but I am receiving Brother Stair.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 2223 UTC »

Hi Paul -

I am picking up 11580 right now on August 26 at 2215z but I am receiving Brother Stair.

Yup, WRMI goofed somewhere today. I'll see what happened.
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Afternoon Air Talent: Hits 106 KLMI Laramie, WY 3 to 7pm Mon-Sat www.myhits106.com

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 2226 UTC »
That's too bad...I brought the Zenith T/O G500 on the front porch to enjoy the music.  Well, guess it will be Yanks/Orioles in a half hour.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

• McGrath, Alaska, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 2232 UTC »
That's too bad...I brought the Zenith T/O G500 on the front porch to enjoy the music.  Well, guess it will be Yanks/Orioles in a half hour.

You can try 7570 and 9265 later

Paul B. Walker, Jr.
paul@alaskaradionerd.com

Nella F.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 2242 UTC »
WRMI 7570kHz  Saturday August 27th 0400 to 0600UTC. Beaming at 315 degrees towards Vancouver. It should provide a good signal to the West Coast of the US

We'll soon see-hear about that.

Nella F.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 2138 UTC »
Strong signal. Recorded it on t-120 & will listen on a future walk-about-town. Thanks. I gotta git home now as a whole lot of rain ..."It's comin' right for us".  :o

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 2235 UTC »
That's too bad...I brought the Zenith T/O G500 on the front porch to enjoy the music. .

Sweet radio.

I have an H500. Just wish we could still get batteries for it and take it to the beach to listen.
Minneapolis, MN

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns