We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The state of US media today...  (Read 2105 times)

Offline ByteBORG

• DX Legend
  • It Is Our Nature...
    • View Profile
The state of US media today...
« on: August 30, 2016, 1834 UTC »
A little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I'm voting for Trump".

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

** U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH. **

The state of US media today...

+ Always listening for that elusive RF...
+ microtelecom Perseus / FunCube Dongle Pro+ / FT450-D / FT101-D
+ RF Sys EMF  / RF Sys MLB w/Long Wire / HomeBrew Inverted "V" cut for 43 mtrs.
+ 73 & Good DX !!!
+ Please eQSL to: s<dot>csiki<at>comcast<dot>net

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The state of US media today...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 2100 UTC »
true... sad but true

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 2131 UTC »
Funny, I got the same email the other day.  It would be nice if the media focused on telling the news, instead of pushing narratives and running all this human interest manure.  Most of the 'trending' stories I've seen lately are all celeb gossip.

Sigh...grunt...

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 0204 UTC »
"Kim Kardashian, Only Five Feet Tall. Three Of It Booty. Learn To Increase Your Height Via Butt Implants On Today's Dr. Oz!"

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 0227 UTC »
We have the best propaganda I mean news outlets anyone can buy.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 1025 UTC »
Rupert Murdock proved that.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 1633 UTC »
Is it any wonder why I don't watch TV?  Honest guys I don't,  I read books instead and not the popular BS.  I just got so tired of being told how I should think.  I leave that to the other guy.  I guess that makes me a rebel outcast...  So be it... <sigh>

If the 'news media' would just tell it like it really is instead of dumbing stuff down to a 6th grade level or making so many lies to CYA some big shot that is paying their way through life. 

The 'news media is nothing more than a political outlet (aka: rectum) for whomever is lining their pockets with $$$.  Whatever some political phool will make money on is their thing...  As John Lennon said; "Give me some truth!"

But it has become so bad now that if the general population heard the truth just once...  they, most likely, would keel over with a heart attack.

The politicos make folks focus on some idiotic 'doomsday' situation that has no... absolutely no,  standing in fact nor logic...  What have we become?

Sorry folks... I'm in one of my moods.  Time for me to hit the books on quantum physics again...  AHhhhhh  Math.... goooooooddd!
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline JCMaxwell

• Central NC, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 1729 UTC »
Thanks ByteBorg, I love it!
IC-R9000L, FDM-S2, Belka DX, HF+ Discovery, RSPdx, IC-R30, BC125AT, PL-880 <- W6LVP Loop

Offline Cornel

• FF79QF
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 1758 UTC »
Television

THE most powerful weapon of mass disruption!

here, there, everywhere.
Cordoba, Argentina.
JRC NRD-545, JRC NRD-525, FRT-7700, RTLSDR F0013, 40m of wire @ 8m, vertical whip on @ 7m