We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Portable Wire Antennas - A Book Review  (Read 1003 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
Portable Wire Antennas - A Book Review
« on: January 06, 2017, 2303 UTC »
PORTABLE WIRE ANTENNAS - Book Review
Some months back, I purchased the latest edition (v2.1, 2015) of John W. Hill's excellent antenna compendium Portable Wire Antennas. And now having had some time over the holiday period to dig into the book, I'm mighty glad I did buy it! There are some really helpful hints for deploying antennas in portable or temporary situations. However, all of the designs presented in this book will work just fine in the home QTH environment as well. Although it is aimed principally at the licensed amateur radio operator, this book should also be read by the average shortwave listener, too! There's plenty here for all radio hobbyists to enjoy!

You’ll find the review at the ink below.

http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/portable-wire-antennas-book-review.html

Cheers all, Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns