We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: QRM 6020, Netherlands over Australia, 0930z  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
QRM 6020, Netherlands over Australia, 0930z
« on: June 20, 2008, 0939 UTC »
First time I've heard this here in Texas: at 0930 UTC Friday Radio Netherlands (in Nederlands, from Bonaire) came in on top of Radio Australia (Tok Pisin, Shepparton) on 6020 kHz AM, equal strength.  Australia already in progress with cultural programming and music.  Not unusual for me to receive either, but first time I've heard both equally.  (SINPO - 42433, slight fluttering fade and het.)  Fort Worth, TX.
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: QRM 6020, Netherlands over Australia, 0930z
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 0236 UTC »
There's a flamethrower on 6010 that obliterates the Colombian on that frequency in the evenings,EDT. It renders 6000-6020 khz. into a mess. As Arnie Coro aims RHC directly at my house I can at least get legible copy on that.

Thank God Radio Marti doesn't blast away 24/7 with it's accompanying jammer on 6030 anymore or you couldn't hear crap there.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns