We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Short 60m Indian Survey  (Read 540 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
Short 60m Indian Survey
« on: February 14, 2017, 0920 UTC »
4760   INDIA. AIR - Txer site unknown. A weak signal in Hindi at 1342. I'm not sure if this is from Leh or Port Blair. Only one signal heard, and Port Blair was off for a few days during January but perhaps they are back on air now. It can be difficult to identify which one you are listening to, especially when the signal strengths are similar (i.e. not very strong!). Feb 13.

4810   INDIA. AIR - Bhopal. Hindi studio anncts and canned anncts at 1345, fair signal Feb 13.

4835   INDIA. AIR - Gangtok. Weak signal at 1327 and difficult to identify the language in the noise (Hindi? Nepali?….). Feb 13.

5009.99   INDIA. AIR Thiruvananthapuram - Chennai. Phone-in talkback programming at 1324, very good signal, Feb 13.

5040   INDIA. AIR - Jeypore. Hindi commentary at 1317, canned anncts at 1320. Very good signal on Feb 13.

I noted several other freqs as well but didn't spend much time listening for IDs as I was also tuning around for other things on my target list.
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU