We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Terry

• SE Florida
  • North Fork St. Lucie River
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why?
« on: March 01, 2017, 2130 UTC »
To get to the other side

Penguins again (still?)

OOPS. Sorry for double pics, but then again you can never have to many penguins, Eh?
QTH Florida's Treasure Coast, near Stuart 100 mi N of Miami Grid locator EL97uf
Equipment: Kenwood TS-480SAT, R-600, Yaesu FT-857D, R. S. SW portable (Sangean), R.S. Pro-106 Scanner 25-1300 MHz, HyGain 18AVQII, M2 6M 3 el beam, Misc verticals and dipoles
Terry

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 0131 UTC »
Penguins are cool.

I've got a friend who lives in southern Indiana. Near his house there's a road that skirts the bottom of the bluffs next to the Ohio River. On one stretch there's a "Snake Crossing" sign. It has to do with the snakes annual spring and fall migrations to and from the cliffs that make up much of the bluffs.

I understand there are "Turtle Crossing" signs along the roads that skirt the banks of the Miami River in Ohio for the same reason as the snakes in Indiana.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 2216 UTC »
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 2256 UTC »
I hate to say it but Al is right; amphibians and aquatic animals are taking over the world.

Al is currently out wandering the countryside looking for a wifi signal. He's been tromping around the parking lots muttering, "Philly hotels are worse than Nashville's!" Then a bunch of kids came along, yelled, "It's Santy Claus!" and started pelting him with snowballs as is tradition in the City of Brotherly Love. They didn't count on the Santa of Pasadena being ambidextrous. He catches them with his right hand and heaves them back with his left.

George Zeller got caught in the crossfire and hurt severely. Instead of thinking he's Chief Wahoo, he thinks he's Chief Noc-A-Homa. The people of Cleveland are praying he recovers before baseball season begins.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns