We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, do you remember our old pal, Radio Bob?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, do you remember our old pal, Radio Bob?
« on: March 10, 2017, 1134 UTC »
He called from HAARP the other day keeping me up on the Iditarod. We were talking about the Wikileaks thing when he mentioned his great-Grandma on his mother's side was an Assange. You could have knocked me over with a punch card when he told me that! Now guess what? Pat Murphy has been right all along, his TV is watching him! Yep, when Julie was still tight with certain states and agencies he had 'em hack Pat's devices to avenge Cousin Bob. Even his Lady Speed Stick reports in regularly to the Ecuadorian Embassy who sends the info straight to Bob. Pat farts, Bob knows it. Pat loses his dentures, Assange's crew's mini-drones are altering them to let seeds work their way under them. It was diabolical in scope, and I'm not talking about that mouthwash that Kracker swills before he goes on the air.

Speaking of the latter, Bob has the natives in Alaska convinced that he's Buffalo Bob Smith. How does he convince them? He simply shows them a pic of Kracker sitting on his knee the boys in Moscow provided. As you know Kracker is the spitting image Howdy Doody and nearly as tall.

That Bob. You've got to stay on your toes when he's around. We made a fine hire when we brought him into the fold.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Al, do you remember our old pal, Radio Bob?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 2004 UTC »
Well this one has been up long enough it should ring up another broadcast for me w/o having to flip a switch. Making enemies of idiots is an amazing way to save money on electricity and transmitter wear.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 2253 UTC »
Well this one has been up long enough it should ring up another broadcast for me w/o having to flip a switch. Making enemies of idiots is an amazing way to save money on electricity and transmitter wear.

And still, I'd rather hear you on the air again...

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 2312 UTC »
Damn, you were right!  And right on schedule: https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,33294.0.html

Pigmeat, you're such a troller!   LMAO

I'd just like to make it clear now, that I am NOT 'Radio Bob'.

Not really.

FIGHT FOR FREE RADIO !!!

John Poet

Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 0405 UTC »
It's all conditioning and bait placement, Poet. Rats are very easy to train.

And everyone, I repeat everyone either is or could be Radio Bob. He's everywhere, like Elvis.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 1502 UTC »
I wonder if this one will keep them going all weekend or if I'll have to put out a lil' more rat chow? Purina, the maker of Rat Chow, is located in St. Louis, Kracker's stomping grounds when he's not in jail, committed, or hiding out in Ohio.

Let's see what happens. Catching and releasing fish too often can cause too much stress on their systems, leaving nothing but a bunch of floaters in the pond. God knows they've been floaters of another kind all of their lives.

Pigmeat out!

Uncle John

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 0004 UTC »
He's everywhere, like Elvis.
Except, as I recall"...Michael J. Fox has no Elvis in him... ."

Fansome

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 0410 UTC »
Is he still working that gig with "Bob and the Urantians"?

Fansome

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 0639 UTC »
By the way, Bob was a good guy. He had some emotional problems from what I hear, but he always treated me right, and I certainly enjoyed his broadcasts. In fact, I used to help him with computer issues, and in thanks he sent me some studio CDs. Unfortunately, they've disappeared in the half-dozen moves I've made since then.

Someday I'll be a pirate, just like Bob.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 0815 UTC »
Thanks, Al!

John Poet

Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 1519 UTC »
Murphy made him crazy hounding his friends and relatives. Pat went after a guy called Mike Adams in Atlanta he was convinced was Radio Bob. Unfortunately Col. Mike Adams swung a big stick down there and Pat was told to cease and desist. that's when the myth of "Radio Bob called the FCC on me" was created.

BTW, Pat justified the attacks on Adams by saying he was "Radio Bob's brother in law." I've got an envelope Pat sent me with a report from a PI on who Bob might be. I couldn't believe it at the time. I didn't like what Bob was saying on the air about JTA's dying Mom nightly, but I wasn't going to hire someone to hunt him down.

The one thing I regret in pirate radio career is putting together that "Radio Urantia" show. I was fairly new and bought Pat's story hook, line, and sinker. It, and the relays of it, drove Bob from the hobby. Bob I owe you a huge apology if you're out there.

Bob was damned funny guy with some very original programming. I suspect Pat was jealous of his skill.