We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice of KAOS with another station 6.925  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Seamus

• View Profile
    • Email
Voice of KAOS with another station 6.925
« on: July 31, 2010, 0023 UTC »
Voice of KAOS 6925
Mentioned Arlington Cemetary, played "I Love Rock and Roll", but hard to make out, as there is another station also on frequency at slightly lower strength obscuring most of it.
Signal sounds good, and I would probably be able to receive either of them individually, but with both on top of each other it's kind of a mess.

Radio: IC-718
Antenna: 400-foot wire @40 ft

Offline SW-J

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Voice of KAOS with another station 6.925
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 0028 UTC »
Voice of KAOS 6925
Mentioned Arlington Cemetary, played "I Love Rock and Roll", but hard to make out, as there is another station also on frequency at slightly lower strength obscuring most of it.
Signal sounds good, and I would probably be able to receive either of them individually, but with both on top of each other it's kind of a mess.

Radio: IC-718
Antenna: 400-foot wire @40 ft

"Another station .."

I think that other station looks to be up at 6928.4x, kinda wide as it appears here ...

o Icom IC-756ProII, ProIII, Alinco DX-70, Kenwood TS-680s
o WinRadio G303e, Degen/Kaito 1103/DE1103, Stoddart NM-25
o 1/2 wave 80m Dipole used with several tuners
o Tuned loops from 2' thru 16' diam. capable of 160m thru 10m

Offline Seamus

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Voice of KAOS with another station 6.925
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 0118 UTC »
It's kind of hard to tell as I'm not getting the other station very clearly, but it seems that I am getting spread from that signal all the way down at 6925.  Ouch.

EDIT to add:  KAOS went off the air, but I now have another signal on 6925, which is also losing to the extra-wide signal further up the band.  I tried tuning said wide signal, but could not get it well enough to do the job.  I think only part of it is the signal strength and propagation; I just can't tune it very well, possibly due to the nature of the signal and its spread on the band.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 0122 UTC by Seamus »