We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: USAF HF-GCS EAM 6739 USB Busy - Callsign COMBATANT Calling ALL STATIONS  (Read 1021 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Emergency Action Message on 6739 kHz USB (11175 USB and 13200 USB the strongest signals right now) with alternate frequency 11180 kHz USB busy with data bursts and ALE soundings.  Checked other simulcast frequencies and COMBATANT calling ALL STATIONS via simulcast feature for all messages.  While the thought of the US involving ourselves in yet another war(s) is disconcerting...I haven't heard this much traffic on the USAF HF circuits in a while.  

SOI5I3VMGZIW4UZNC4GXQUNJ5KPSDZ repeated 2x followed by "This is Combatant OUT"

Shortly after that, the same station came back on with:

All stations all stations, this is Combatant Combatant BREAK.

SOVSOA STANDBY SOVSOA STANDBY MESSAGE FOLLOWS

SOVSOAAP7VFAFRWISLXPPTAJSO2OVX repeated 2x followed

this pattern continues with a new message preamble (repeated twice) and a new message (repeated twice) followed by a break, then Combatant calling All Stations All Stations and the cycle starting over

While the EAMS on 4724, 6739, 8992, 11175, 13200 and 15016 are familiar loggings for people in the SWL community...but I've never heard Combatant as a callsign before.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 1714 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m