We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: BBC Last Half, Last Match 15490 am 1506 UTC 21 May 2017  (Read 620 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Excellent reception

Last regular season matches of the year in the English Premier League all ten started at 1400z.  The major thing being contested are slots in next years Champions League.  Manchester City, Liverpool, and Arsenal are vying for the last two slots.  The first two named squads appear in as the scores stand.  Arsenal could miss out on Champions League play for first time in 20 years.

1506z Call in report - Liverpool scores and goes up 2-0 versus Middlesborough
1509z Live coverage   ;D of Watford v Manchester City, now 0-4 City (too bad they waited until season's end to start a streak without losing)
1514z Augero just missed what would have been his third goal of the day, shot wide right.
1515z Jesus scores for City, now 0-5. (too bad he was hurt most of season with City)
1520z Toure and Sane substituted out for City.  OM "Arsenal now up only 2-1.  What happens with Arsene Wenger next year?"
1526z Watford keeper Gomes kicked in mouth by team mate, will remain match.  Auger substituted off for City.
1528z Otamendi makes a save for City while keeper out of position.
1532z "Liverpool now up 3-nil versus Middlesborough. 5-1 Spurs are leading."
1536z "You are listening to Sportsworld on the BBC"
1541z "Juventus won Serie A, they will be going for a treble on June 3 in Cardiff."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 1543 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)