We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Gregg Allman R.I.P.  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Gregg Allman R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 0857 UTC »
It's about time. Ike Turner was a saint compared to Gregg Allman. He got Dickie Betts hooked on smack, then gave him and his own best buddy, Scooter Herring, up as his "suppliers" when he took up with the original Armenian ho, Cher. Gregg was the supplier and main consumer in that band, the chickenshit.

When you add in the number of underage girls he got strung out by making them his, "tour girlfriends" throughout his career, the music he helped produce nowhere near balances out the the amount of damage he did. What a waste of air and space!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 1608 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 1826 UTC »
It's about time. Ike Turner was a saint compared to Gregg Allman. He got Dickie Betts hooked on smack, then gave him and his own best buddy, Scooter Herring, up as his "suppliers" when he took up with the original Armenian ho, Cher. Gregg was the supplier and main consumer in that band, the chickenshit.

When you add in the number of underage girls he got strung out by making them his, "tour girlfriends" throughout his career, the music he helped produce nowhere near balances out the the amount of damage he did. What a waste of air and space!
You are 100% correct - like Jimmy Vaughn and Jim Belushi, Greg Allman would've been a nobody without his incredibly talented brother, Duane.  If I hear "rock and roll icon" used one more time in describing this hack, I think I'll go mad.  He had the balls to kick Dickie out of the band for being an alcoholic while he was a junkie.
Consider his "big hit" while a solo act "I'm No Angel" - "come on let me show you my tattoo" - f*cking horrible.
Good riddance!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 1828 UTC by fpeconsultant »
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 2217 UTC »
Consider his "big hit" while a solo act "I'm No Angel" - "come on let me show you my tattoo" - f*cking horrible.

My dad (a thirties-born classical music fan and Navy veteran with no love for rock n roll) laughed like hell when we were watching the video for that song and that line came along.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 1737 UTC »
Nicki Minaj went to the Gregg Allman school of lyrics writing.

6. Track: “Did It On ‘Em”

Line: “If you could turn back time…Cher/ you used to be here now you gone…Nair”
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns