We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 27.155 MHz 27155 kHz USB CB channel 16 Spanish Language  (Read 884 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
This is a random catch.  I just heard some Spanish speaking doing radio checks and the usual "holaaaa hollaaaaa" on 27155 USB.  Usually AM traffic is found in this part of the band, as far as I know that applies to the rest of the Americas as well.

Maybe somebody didn't know what "band" he was on (could have been trying to 27605 USB, which would make more sense) or forgot to flip back to AM.  Didn't hear anything after those initial transmissions.

The band isn't nearly as open as it was earlier, but I am still hearing some Spanish speaking traffic up around 27665 USB, 27695 LSB, etc. 

Heard locally with a Superstar 3900 and a Hustler IC-100 mag mount CB antenna. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m