We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: TCS Sunday night marathon 6700 & 5385 AM  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
TCS Sunday night marathon 6700 & 5385 AM
« on: June 30, 2008, 0646 UTC »
Heard from approx. 0130-0540 UTC at comparable signal strengths on both 5385.5 and 6700.1 kHz AM.  IDs, music including Romeo Void and live cuts from The Who (Live at Leeds, I think) and The Doors (Absolutely Live, had that one as a kid).  Brief interruption 0340-0345z, which Poet blamed on a technical glitch tho' my money is on propagation theft by Manbearpig and the lack of sunspots.  Show closed with long set of Selena to entertain the Mexican Navy, whose modified CBs and coil-loaded whips mounted on the tailgates of their heavily gunned jon boats once again failed to out-QRM The Crystal Ship.  SINPO - 43223.  (Gopher Stomp, TX)
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: TCS Sunday night marathon 6700 & 5385 AM
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 2059 UTC »
Lex, you're a funny guy!

But, actually, its the Mexican Army on that frequency. I understand they have .30-cal machine guns mounted on Yugos...

John Poet

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums