We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: China Radio International Censor Procedure Exposed  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Shortwave_America

• View Profile
    • Email
China Radio International Censor Procedure Exposed
« on: September 24, 2010, 2355 UTC »
The nice people at CRI are a happy, friendly, professional team of broadcasters who love what they do, but hate it when the great wall is forced upon them. Shortwave America has run across THE ONLY publicly released recording of CRI's emergency censor tape. See it here:

http://shortwaveamerica.blogspot.com/2010/09/china-radio-international-censor-tape.html

Offline SW-J

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: China Radio International Censor Procedure Exposed
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 0008 UTC »
Ouch! 54MB file! Do you have something, say, a tenth that size?
o Icom IC-756ProII, ProIII, Alinco DX-70, Kenwood TS-680s
o WinRadio G303e, Degen/Kaito 1103/DE1103, Stoddart NM-25
o 1/2 wave 80m Dipole used with several tuners
o Tuned loops from 2' thru 16' diam. capable of 160m thru 10m

Offline Shortwave_America

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: China Radio International Censor Procedure Exposed
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 0206 UTC »
Not at this time I don't. But you could try in the listen only mode instead of downloading. I know if you have QuickTime you don't even have to download the file, it'll go straight to playing for you. I can try to work with the person who provided it to see if there is a smaller version available. 

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns