We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Low Carb Faux Deep Dish Pizza  (Read 1795 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Low Carb Faux Deep Dish Pizza
« on: August 18, 2017, 2046 UTC »
Another relatively Low Carb favorite of mine. Other than browning the sausage, this can be prepared in the microwave, although you could certainly bake it if you prefer. It makes a rather large portion, half might be a meal for many, but if I've been intermittent fasting for the day, I find the entire portion is fine for dinner.

Ingredients:
Pizza sauce - 1 15 oz can
Sausage - 1/4 lb
Pepperoni - as needed (my favorite is Bridgeford)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese - 8 oz
Mushrooms - 8 oz can

I like to use Don Pepino pizza sauce. It has a great taste, is not very thin, and is relatively low carb as far as pizza sauces go:

Cook your sausage. I cook a 1 lb package, then divide into quarters, and freeze three of them for later use:

Place half of your pepperoni between paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. This crisps them up, as though they were baked in the oven:

Put a thin layer of pizza sauce in the bottom of a pyrex or other microwave save bowl or casserole:

Add some cheese:

Add half of the mushrooms:

Add the sausage:

Add the uncooked half of pepperoni:

Add the rest of the mushrooms:

Add the rest of the cheese:

Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the cheese. Make sure you cover all of the cheese:

Heat in the microwave until the inner cheese layers are hot and melted. I find this works best on a mid power setting, and takes several minutes. You will need to experiment: Enjoy with a spoon!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 2250 UTC by ChrisSmolinski »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree