We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, you can turn the Sun back on now.  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, you can turn the Sun back on now.
« on: August 21, 2017, 2029 UTC »
Thanks!

Actually, I saw some first class idiocy when the eclipse came close to peak. A guy across the street and his buddy, set up lawn chairs to watch it, aimed directly towards the Sun, and did just that w/o eye protection. Why do I see a visit to the ER for those two later on today?

Immediately after the peak, a couple of minutes, tops, came a big rush of traffic piloted by people who I'm sure thought, "It's past peak, it can't hurt me now?", all taking looks directly at the sun as they did. Only a couple of ambulance sirens in the aftermath so far, but it's now entering rush hour, w/ people leaving work encountering the now partially blind who are trying weave their way home from that post-eclipse rush. It should be a good evening for idiot watching at the ER for you folks in regions of 90% totality or better. As there wasn't a cloud in the sky here, I'm taking the "over" on ER visits around the region.

Offline Mr.ArchVile

• View Profile
Re: Al, you can turn the Sun back on now.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 0300 UTC »
8/22 was international "HV" day..."HIGH VOLTAGE" AWARENESS DAY.

IT WAS ALSO COUPLED WITH...

A new moon...

Now who syncs up with the moon?

Gee that's a tough one...

(Arch-vile laugh)