We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Carrier on 6900 kHz - unmodulated  (Read 1225 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Carrier on 6900 kHz - unmodulated
« on: September 03, 2017, 1647 UTC »
I know other people have seen/heard this carrier.  I've noticed it on several remote receivers and can hear it locally if I tune in SSB/CW mode.  Due to local QRN its not nearly as easy to find as it is with a remote receiver.  I've never heard any modulation on it - save for the fact that its now possible to tune the Spanish speaking freebanders that hang out on 6900 kHz USB or 6900 kHz LSB in AM mode.

Anybody know what this could be?  A spur of some kind? 

[blame the Cubans]
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Carrier on 6900 kHz - unmodulated
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 2014 UTC »
I have this as well, and think I have seen it before. No obvious modulation/audio right now.

Early in the morning, China appears here with a relay of one of their many networks, just happening to jam Sound of Hope. Purely coincidental of course. It seems way too early to be hearing China, at this time of the year anyway. Now if it was December, that would be a different story.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns