We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: GOOD NEWS..Fart Knocker Radio International 6955khz  (Read 1687 times)

Offline fkradio

• View Profile
    • Email
GOOD NEWS..Fart Knocker Radio International 6955khz
« on: October 09, 2017, 1747 UTC »
GOOD NEWS: I shall FART AGAIN!! I had been off air after my transmitter would not stay up and kept tripping off due to SWR's and nothing I did could fix it.

A buddy came by who is much more knowledgeable about these things and helped me.  We did a test today on 6955kHz after loading the transmitter into the fire escape stairs outside my apartment. Ran a full 400 watts and full modulation.. and it worked beautifully.

Well, as beautifully as farts radiating from a set of fire escape stairs can be.

And Yes, I am dead serious about loading the transmitter into the stairs

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: GOOD NEWS..Fart Knocker Radio International 6955khz
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 1855 UTC »
"Expedient antenna"!  I LOVE IT!

Good luck Fart Knocker!

Be aware you could cause a good deal of telephone landline music and TV interference for anyone still using over the air TV, in your building, especially using that much power!

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline fkradio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 1857 UTC »
"Expedient antenna"!  I LOVE IT!

Good luck Fart Knocker!

Be aware you could cause a good deal of telephone landline music and TV interference for anyone still using over the air TV, in your building, especially using that much power!

I'm the only apartment in the building above a business that only has someone here a few hours a week.. late at night i should be ok

And yes, the antenna works, im glad :)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 2230 UTC »
Now that is an interesting way to get radio frequency burns.....climbing up or down a metal fire escape stairway while 400 watts are transmitted into it.....  ;D
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 2351 UTC »
Now that is an interesting way to get radio frequency burns.....climbing up or down a metal fire escape stairway while 400 watts are transmitted into it.....  ;D

LOL! I was just thinking I'd hate to have been the teenager sneaking out down the fire escape when he fired that thing up!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 1719 UTC »
Oh yeah, 400w should blow out some flesh and go to the bone.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns