We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 1710 khz. 4:54 UT SS station continous music  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
1710 khz. 4:54 UT SS station continous music
« on: October 23, 2017, 0500 UTC »
I've had them for the past half hour blasting on peaks of 20 over. SS orchestral corridas w/ a female singer. I'm guessing it's the same station reported here on the 12th.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: 1710 khz. 4:54 UT SS station continous music
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 1444 UTC »
Never got an id after listening for another 20 minutes or so and went to bed. It was a strong steady signal with fades down to about the S-7 range at worst when static levels peaked. They were either running a decent amount of power or they were just down the street? I've never heard MW pirate with a signal like that on 1710 in years of chasing them since the X-band was opened.

Great audio, they sounded like your typical South/Central American MW/SW broadcast station. I'm still of the opinion it's the same station reported about ten days ago here with an id that escapes me now. (I ought to write these things down) The format and power seem very similar.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 1523 UTC »
Heard them again last night in the same time frame with a much weaker signal, but a cold front passing through the region was kicking up some serious racket with it's lightning strikes to the east.

Offline Helicaster

• South Georgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 0005 UTC »
Fair signal here tonight - I presume it's the same station
0003 - Deseamos Tu Presencia - David Otero
0008 - Eres Dios - Joshua Roman
0010 - Spanish speaking OM over music
matches the livestream to Radio Retention Lo Que Tienes
Very good signal now
0038  - Algo Grande Viene A La Tierra