We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: I got so many QSLs today they came UPS  (Read 597 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
I got so many QSLs today they came UPS
« on: October 12, 2017, 2319 UTC »
I printed 200 of my eQSLs as a test using Amazon Prints, just 9 cents each for 4 x 6 prints.  I'm very happy with the quality. Now to print more of them :)

By default they will crop the images to fit the aspect ratio of the print, which is good for regular pictures but not for QSLs. So I wrote an app that automates adjusting the size of the image, and adds white space as needed around the edges so it fits a 4x6 perfectly. Took about 15 seconds to resize all 200 images. If I was doing it by hand... I might still  be doing it!

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns