We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: We're doing it this time.  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: We're doing it this time.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 1325 UTC »
Back in the days when Men were Men, and Giants walked the earth, the FRN had a failure that shut it down. In an attempt to fill the gap, someone set up a similar site, trying to continue the FRN tradition.

Someone else saw this as an opportunity, and registered with this new site as "Commander Bunny", before the "real thing" had a chance. The "real thing" was apoplectic when it found that it couldn't use this identity, and raged many accusations, all wrong.

Not long after, the FRN was restored, and, of course, the FRN is no longer an important part of Pirate Radio. Still, the mystery persists.

You forgot, "And goats were nervous." after mentioning men and giants.

I wonder what happened to those silly rabbits? I know one is still around despite being diagnosed with "terminal inoperable and untreatable cancer" and given mere weeks to live over a dozen years ago. Perhaps the nearby Edgar Cayce Center in Virginia Beach dreamed him up a cure? Or maybe Pat "Hurricane" Robertson laid hands on the afflicted area? I guess we'll never know?

You and your perplexing philosophical questions are what make this site great, Al.  It's why I came here when the old FRN admin gave you the boot. I told them, "No Fansome, no Pigmeat." and left. The place collapsed shortly after and this board has thrived. Let's face it, we're Pirate Radio Gods, Al.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 1646 UTC »
The bunny wasn't funny anway.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline WA4FHY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 1943 UTC »
Better late than never...
Chris,
I really like the new look of HFU. Thanks for the work on the upgrade.
SDR-IQ / IC-R70 / IC-735 / FT-817ND / FT-991A, RSPduo,5 band vertical
Near Music City, TN

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns