We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Who are you wearing? 6925  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Who are you wearing? 6925
« on: October 25, 2010, 0511 UTC »
Not a rhetorical question - an SSTV message.
0417-0434z: SSTV Scottie 2 mode and rock music, barely audible until around 0428z when Rob Zombie "Dragula" popped up out of the mud.  Sounded like someone growling along with music.  Chainsaw noise at end.  Closing SSTV Scottie 2 mode, also barely legible but by combining the two noisy images I was able to make one that reads "Who Are You Wearing?"  Can't tell what the graphic next to it is.  No ID audible here on legible on SSTV.
(Gopher Stomp, TX - Palstar R30C w/ indoor antenna)

That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you wearing? 6925
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 1208 UTC »
I did not hear this station in the 0400 time frame, but I did catch it later, around 0600.  Including two more of the same SSTV images, but not really any better reception than yours.  The one at 0557 was a little better than the one at 0602 as the lower third of the later image was cut off by QRM.

T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you wearing? 6925
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 1250 UTC »
My bet is Chainsaw Radio, since this is what I got the next last night... 6925 USB, 0618 UTC, on my Pirate Cam SSTV Page.

T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns