We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Transmitter  (Read 16665 times)

Offline RNI

• View Profile
    • Email
Transmitter
« on: August 03, 2015, 0652 UTC »
Hi all,

Looking at the possibility of getting a transmitter in the future... Some of the prices are crazy. I'm looking for something cheap to experiment with.

Cheers

Offline Stretchyman

• View Profile
Re: Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 0712 UTC »
Hi, please check the post;

LULU kits are available on EBAY, Item; 131595757554

Stretchy.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 1508 UTC by Stretchyman »
'It's better to give than receive' so why Rx when you can Tx!

;)

Offline digitalmod

• Cherokee Foot Hills, SC
  • Freedom includes Radio Broadcasting
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transmitter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 2217 UTC »
 ;) I am thinking U might look at an old Ham Low Power rig. Maybe a DX40, DX 60. These rigs have grid modulation which is el cheapo, but a small 15-20 watt Hi FI amp and a modulation transformer (these are scare as hens teeth), and of course a Xtal for 6.5 MHz band (just below ham 40 meters), you are pretty much set to go. Remember too much bleed in the water (high power) and regulator operations attract the FCC sharks. They have Long Distance DFing. If I go to transmit, its surely less than 100 watts. Its sad to say we tolerate war, murder and drug dealers, but the Feds go after the jolly Rodgers of free radio.

BTW, you cut the B plus line and use that as the secondary. The transformer isolates the HV from your audio source.
  :-X

Caveat here from when I was 16 and knew enough to kill myself. The DX series are HV in 600 volt DC range that will cause an immediate muscle spasm in a young dude and he will throw the piece.. sadly in an old dude, it might cause cardiac arrest.
Yes, things did go flying ..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 2057 UTC by digitalmod »
Radio is dying. We need to give it shelter