We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Ozy Radio  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Ron - Calif.

• View Profile
Ozy Radio
« on: November 19, 2017, 1456 UTC »
AUSTRALIA. 5045, Ozy Radio, 1126-1241 UTC, Nov 19.
Several news segments; variety of Aussie songs; 1154
played one of my favorites, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down
Sport" by Rolf Harris and at 1236, just after the news,
played "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees, who indeed at
one time did emigrate to Australia. A very rare day for
me to hear Craig's station so well. My audio of the Ozy
music at http://goo.gl/k7s95Y  .

Ron, listening in San Francisco, at Ocean Beach

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Re: Ozy Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 0757 UTC »
They seem to be a lot stronger in signal strength over here since the return to air.  Maybe the transmitter power has increased or antenna improvements made.

Ozy Radio is currently 30dB to 40dB over nine here at 0755z on 5.045MHz AM, probably around 200kms away on the other side of the mountain from my location. 

Was a lot weaker when it first came on air some months back.

It also looks like they have dropped their "100% Australian music" content too, just heard Elanor Rigby by the Beatles (UK) and Six Months in a Leaky Boat by Split Enz (New Zealand). ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 0812 UTC by Looking-Glass »
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: Ozy Radio
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 0831 UTC »
Was able to copy the carrier at various times here in Florida with my PL-600 and both its whip antenna and with a Sangean Ant-60 wire, which is more than I’ve ever had at home. But no audio unfortunately.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail