We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: MAC  (Read 3542 times)

Fansome

MAC
« on: March 21, 2008, 2044 UTC »
MAC 6950.5a 3/21/8 20:34 sio433, good signal, just caught the last few seconds of this, but it sounded like the jingles station that's been on recently, someone on #wunclub said that it was playing an old Radio Prague tape, but I tuned in too late to hear that, id'ed by beerus on #pirateradio

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: MAC
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 2046 UTC »
Solid MAC ID at 2043 UTC after Cyndi Lauper. Signal was S9+30 but rather abruptly dived down into the noise, and now almost inaudible at 2045 UTC. Propagation, or TX problems?
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

Offline mapleleaf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 2055 UTC »
MAC coming in here S5 or so at 2055. Sounds like Ultraman at the mic. Heard someone playing guitar along with Hard Days Night.
Thanks for the show!

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 2108 UTC »
Signal has peaked back again, currently S9+20. "More Than A Feeling" by Boston at 2108 UTC.
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns