We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, imagine it's 1981 again. Who's cuter, Belinda Carlisle  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, imagine it's 1981 again. Who's cuter, Belinda Carlisle
« on: January 26, 2018, 0258 UTC »
or Toni Basil?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 0326 UTC by Pigmeat »

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 1724 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Al, imagine it's 1981 again. Who's cuter, Belinda Carlisle
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 2045 UTC »
When the four of them drop acid and go to the graveyard is a classic in bad movie making. lol.

Dennis Hopper and Phil Spector in the same movie, that's a whole lot of crazy, especially with Hopper directing.

I used to like to pick Toni Basil and Terri Garr out of the background dancers in all those bad surf movies of the mid-60's when WTBS, WGN, etc... would run them years later. They were both in their teens when they did those. When I saw the "Mickey" video in '81/'82, I was stunned she could out dance those young cheerleaders and looked better doing it pushing forty.

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 2201 UTC »
How much does a Go Gos cassette go for these days?

If I can find it
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 2228 UTC by Davep »
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 2344 UTC »
If  the criteria is CUTE and it is 1981, the year MTV started, the correct answer is C) Martha Quinn  ;)

Ex-Met Lenny Dykstra hitting on Martha Quinn (53 seconds into clip) in 1986 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzHwiDZ3pgQ
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 0121 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 0031 UTC »
Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper released their classic, "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin" about that time. I won't post a link as there might be children who frequent this board. Mojo gets pretty graphic about what he wants to do to Martha and MTV.

It worked as far as getting MTV to notice the Dynamic Duo. A year later "Elvis Is Everywhere" premiered on MTV's "120 Minutes" and Mojo's wedding, (not to Martha Quinn), was carried live on MTV from a go-kart track. The product of that love match, young Rafe Cannonball Nixon, would be in his thirties, now.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 0128 UTC »

However, if it is 1977 and Cute, the correct answer is D) Linda Rondstat as a Cub Scout:
http://www.cosmehaul.com/2014/01/iconic-moment-linda-ronstadt-wears-cub.html    (keep scrolling down)
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 1857 UTC »
I prefer in her Stone Poney's mini-dress and cut-off days. Didn't her folks own a well known furniture store in Tuscon?

Offline ThaDood

• DX Legend
  • Likely, not where you are.
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Part #15!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 0330 UTC »
      Oh, Belinda Carlisle, when it comes to the cute category. But ya know why you could never have sex with her, or the other Go Gos, don't ya? There Lips Are Sealed!      (So, do I hear a drum beat, or crickets?) I know, 35 year old joke, but it may surprise y'all on how many folks haven't heard it.
I was asked, yet another weird question, of how I would like to be buried, when I finally bite the big one. The answer was actually pretty easy. Face-down, like a certain historical figure in the late 1980's, (I will not mention who, but some of you will get it, and that's enough.) Why??? It would be a burial that will satisfy everyone: (1) My enemies will say that it will show me where to go. (2) On the same point, I can have my enemies kiss my butt. (3) It will temporarily give someone a place to park a bicycle. See??? A WIN / WIN for everyone.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 0542 UTC »
When the four of them drop acid and go to the graveyard is a classic in bad movie making. lol.

That was in a movie?

it was real life, for me....

unfortunately it was before the age of movie-cams in every phone...

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 1139 UTC »
John, if there had been cam phones in those days, we'd all be locked up somewhere for something. It all constitutes evidence. Same with the damned security cameras everywhere. It must suck to be a teenager these days.

I remember a buddy pulling out something in a bright pink rolling paper and us walking down a back street passing it. The cops come out of the alley, point, laugh at us, and drive away. If they saw you doing it now it would be a big hassle and off to jail you'd go. Then it was "Look at those two dumbass kids passin' that pink joint around back here skippin' school. Let's go get somethin' to eat." We weren't worth the hassle.