We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A 'NEW' Bro. Stair ???  (Read 3259 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
A 'NEW' Bro. Stair ???
« on: January 26, 2018, 1151 UTC »
WWCR 3215 khz AM 0945 UTC 26 Jan 2018

I heard a 'new' voice that was reading Bro. Stairs mail.  The voice was 'younger, but not too young, and seemed a bit more coherent and rational (?) than the original Bro. Stair. But still in the manner of the Southern preacher type person... kinda sorta.

Check the time tho!  Kinda early for me and I could have been dreaming (nightmare) this all was happening.  So lay this report genitals-ly  (heh) on your desk as it may be a big 'boo boo'.I have been known to hear the planet Pluto from time to time. 

If any of you other folks hear the same thing as the report says, then we are all on the same tract :')  Or perhaps you have been using the same 'vitamins' that I have been consuming. If this report is true then we might want to be concerned to the fact this gentltalsman is reading Bro. Stair's mail...  Does he have permission?  Awww what the hell who cares anyway!!!

Now if this is true did Bro, Stair infect the shortwave radio broadcasting system?  Money does do evil things saith Bob!  Money should be re-cycled and made into paper communication cups.  We need communication cups to hold the kool aid so we can wash down that stupid wafer that gets stuck to the roof of thy mouth!!!

And with that I will say, Merry X-day to you all and have a crappy New Year.... wooopie <crash tinkle tinkle thump>.Darn it... I spilled that package of electrons again!!!

<sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: A 'NEW' Bro. Stair ???
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 2102 UTC »
There is some sort of hierarchy on the commune. I know that from reading the reports that have come out Stair City over the years. That place may as well be North Korea w/o the nukes.

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 0459 UTC »
I know he has other guys who have spoken on his programs, whether callers or deacons of his church or whatnot....

Also, the last time I heard his program there was a re-run of a much younger Stair -- possibly a recording from the late 1980's or 90's some time.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 0643 UTC »
I was listening to AWWW tonight and he had mentioned that Stair was out of jail and back in the commune recovering.

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 1609 UTC »
I was listening to AWWW tonight and he had mentioned that Stair was out of jail and back in the commune recovering.

+-RH

Re-covering ehhh... I wonder what he was re-covering up????  Just sayin'

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 2101 UTC »
A fellow up the forum has a post about hearing him today on 9980, giving the current date and going on.

Ralph's out of jail and Trump's back in the country, what else is going to happen today?

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 1129 UTC »
Maybe he's out on bail... I would guess if there were any chance of prosecution his travails aren't over.

Offline wtxswl

• negoff!!!
    • View Profile
    • negoff.com
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 0011 UTC »
eesh, I hope we will be rid of the plague soon. It's gone on long enough surely.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 0325 UTC »
You guy's are jealous because Ralph gets all the chicks.

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 0558 UTC »
0545 UTC - Tuning around tonight and hearing  Brother Stair on WWCR at 5890 kHz, 29 Jan, 2018. He said he needs $1M for him to preach to the poor. The best part was he said NAMBLA offered him $50M for his defense fund but he turned the temptation down because he didn't want them to defend him. He said he spent 31 days in the pit of hell for his sin and that he has known for a while that his best is not the best. Guess he's out of the pokey and back on the air ! :o
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 0620 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 1610 UTC »
0545 UTC - Tuning around tonight and hearing  Brother Stair on WWCR at 5890 kHz, 29 Jan, 2018. He said he needs $1M for him to preach to the poor. The best part was he said NAMBLA offered him $50M for his defense fund but he turned the temptation down because he didn't want them to defend him. He said he spent 31 days in the pit of hell for his sin and that he has known for a while that his best is not the best. Guess he's out of the pokey and back on the air ! :o

I might have to tune in and see if they rerun that one. That's a hilarious whopper.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 1750 UTC »
Yes, it was a rare moment of radio broadcasting when I heard him talk about the $50M challenge (as he called it) that he could not accept. He said a few other crazy things before he went into his normal sermon speel.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Fansome

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 2118 UTC »
Yes it has, and don't call me "Shirley".

eesh, I hope we will be rid of the plague soon. It's gone on long enough surely.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 2303 UTC »
Yes it has, and don't call me "Shirley".

OK, Ralph.

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 1137 UTC »
Hearing him this a.m. on 5890 kHz. Not sure if it's a recording or not. Was testing my RS World Receiver, radio which doubles as a theremin if you plug the (mono) external antenna plug all the way into the stereo SW EXT antenna jack.